Camera—Monitor Systems for Increased Safety and Efficiency
OptiCrane offers the camera monitor system from Orlaco which virtually eliminates all blind lifts through the use of a high quality wireless camera with cab monitor.
Orlaco specialises in developing and manufacturing camera-monitor solutions to solve visibility problems around various types of machines ranging from trucks and ships to tower cranes and excavators. Orlaco’s camera-monitor systems support the craftsmanship of machine operators and make operating conditions easier and less stressful. Orlaco is certified according to ISO 9001-2000 and offers customers excellent service with extra attention to quality. An Orlaco viewing system can make the operation of a crane easier, more efficient, and most of all, safer. In many respects this is an investment, which can pay itself back in short time.
ORLACO CAMERA VIEWING SOLUTIONS – FEATURES AND BENEFITS
The ORLACO Cameras have many features including multiple angles of view, heated/hardened/anti-glare SLR- Sunlight Resistant Lens; easy installation; and over-pressurised housing to ensure water- proofing to more than 25 metres underwater.
The camera lens is smoothened to minimise dust from adhering to it and is seven times harder than glass to ensure it can withstand enormous impacts. It has passed the Caterpillar pebble impact test in which steel balls are shot at the lens and is scratch proof as well.
Technology of Orlaco is unparalleled – Explosion proof Camera Solutions are to Atex certification, 216 Zoom Camera with pan / tilt and night vision. The safety and longevity of the camera systems are enhanced with specialised electrical cables, water-proof – stainless steel connectors, heavy duty LCD monitor with anti glare and many other operating features.
Orlaco produces its Camera Systems subject to the strictest of quality conditions. They are certified to ISO 9001-2000, maintain required certifications for the EMC requirements to military specification so as to eliminate RF / Electromagnetic disturbances and do not cause such disturbances in other products.
Orlaco Camera Solutions always repay themselves quickly. Their robustness, quality longevity and reliability of a clear image of the ORLACO Systems is the key, especially in arduous operating environments.
EYES IN THE SKY
Whether a crane is mobile or stationary, it always plays an important role in the (construction) building process. The crane holds a central position on the construction site and must cover large areas of the building area below. Even though the crane operator sits high up in the sky, he is still not always able to view his entire working area. As the construction work progresses, the operator’s visibility decreases, and thus making him more and more dependent on the instructions given to him through a dedicated frequency radio by the rigger/signaller. However this convenient operator aid gives the operator the necessary relief. The load view camera mounted on the trolley looks vertically downwards right on top of the hook. The colour monitor inside the crane cab gives operator full visibility on the position of the hook at all times. The operator can, if necessary, zoom in for an even more detailed image. It is all possible!
The crane operator can see immediately on his monitor when a lifting operation could possibly become dangerous. He can take immediate action and therefore help minimise accidents on the construction site. There is also a far lesser chance of any misunderstandings occurring between the crane operator and the rigger/signaller as the camera system makes it possible for the operator to verify th e instructions from the rigger/signaller.
ADVANTAGES OF THE ORLACO VIEWING SYSTEMS
- Optimal visibility of the load under all circumstances. – More detail visible at the crane hook.
- A smaller chance of misunderstandings occurring between the operator and the rigger/signaller.
- Fewer chances of damages occurring while manoeuvring the load.
- Increased efficiency due to improved visibility aid faster lifting operations.
- The crane operator is less dependent on the help of others.
Choosing ORLACO means that you are making a conscious choice to prevent accidents and to promote a safer and more enjoyable workplace, which translates into less damage, lower absenteeism due to illness, reduced loss time and lower insurance premiums.
TECHNOLOGY OF THE VIEWING SYSTEMS
Orlaco keeps a sharp eye on technology:
- The wireless connection between the camera and monitor ensures no wear is caused by the continuous movement of the trolley
- The camera and video transmitter are charged by a battery pack on the trolley.
- The auto-focus function of the zoom camera ensures a sharp image at all times.
- The crane operator has a user-friendly remote control in his cab to zoom in and out. Furthermore he can activate the night vision and brightness mode from the crane cab.
- The battery on the trolley can be charged automatically with the use of an auto-contact docking station. By just driving back the trolley to its heel-end stop both parts of the docking station make contact and charging starts.
- The battery pack can also be charged with a solar panel.
- The driver can see the battery energy level on the monitor in the crane cabin and knows when the battery needs to be charged again.
- In order to save energy, the camera system switches off automatically when the system has not been used for more than an hour.
- The camera has better visibility than the human eye during dusk and dawn due to the 0-lux night vision mode.
The 216 times zoom function ensures the crane operator has optimal detailed visibility on the hook and the areas around it.
- When the brightness function is activated, dark, shadowed work areas are lightened up and are clearly visible.
- The system is delivered with “plug and play” and “quick fit” features, ensuring quick and easy assembly and dismantling without causing any damages or requiring any modifications to the crane.
RESEARCH CONFIRMS THE BENEFITS
Orlaco Camera Viewing Solutions = Increased Safety, Productivity and Damage Control
There is growing concern and reports of accidents involving inadequate viewing conditions. Orlaco viewing systems provide enhanced visibility, clarity of image and reliability in industrial applications which assist in increasing Workplace Safety.
Workplace repetitive strain injuries related to the back and neck are quite common among operators and camera viewing systems make a large contribution to reducing and eliminating such injuries.
Orlaco’s Camera Viewing Solutions also assist in the reduction of operator fatigue, viewing in poor light conditions, elimination of blind spots and clear viewing at extreme distances.
A Camera System provides the operator with a “view” of the surroundings. There is no guessing and they are a “quiet solution,” especially for municipal applications that operate in residential areas.
As productivity is also a major key performance indicator in the life of a project, Orlaco’s viewing systems can contribute to each project’s bottom line by increasing productivity—SAFELY.
Tests done on construction sites have proven that cranes performing “blind” operations with the use of an Orlaco camera system, work 21% faster than cranes operating without the system. The crane operator is able to work more efficiently as he is able to move his load to the designated area with fewer instructions from the rigger/signaller on the ground. Experience in the field also shows that when a camera system is used, the load can be lifted much more accurately. The system enables the crane operator to “read” the sway of the wire rope and better predict what the end position of the lifting block will be.